Thursday, July 21, 2005

Do a "Windows + M" when outlook is active window .....

I have noticed this behavior (seems like a bug) with Outlook 2003

When outlook main window is active, press Windows key + M (minimize all). Instead of outlook window getting minimized, it looses the focus and hence does not get minimized. This does not happen with any other office 2003 applications. I am using Windows XP. BTW, if I use right click on Taskbar ->Select Show the Desktop, outlook window gets minimized correctly. It seems that piece of code that handles active outlook for “Show the Desktop” function is not present for “windows button + M function when outlook is active window. A severiy 3 or 4 type of bug?

Any body observed this?

3 comments:

Steve Tout said...

Works fine for me on WinXP and Outlook 2003.... make sure you have enough RAM, and there are no processes running in background that are frozen... Try after a fresh boot of the system, and only Outlook running.

Anonymous said...

Works fine for me on Windows XP and Outlook 2003.

Itay said...

I can confirm that this happens with Office 2003 SP2, but now that I've installed SP3 it seems to be fixed.